different patterns of subG1 population

yobou digakuinsei at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 6 23:03:19 EDT 2007

Dear All
the attached PDF file shows FACS analysis results of SW620 human cancer cells treated
with either a death receptor ligand that induces caspase-dependent apoptosis, or DRUG x
that induces caspase-independent cell death and G2 arrest. Importantly, after DRUG
x-treatment no floating cells could be seen when I examined the cells under the
microscope before starting FACS analysis.
  Although the M1 marker shows close SubG1 values but the pattern or shape of subG1
population is different. does such difference imply something meaningful?
  One more question, still I did not the charachterize the type of cell death whether
apoptotic-like or necrotic, is double PI/FITC-annexin staining the best way or should I
use different probes?
  sorry for displaying the results in FL2H , I greatly appreciate the comments of those
who recommended me to use FL2A, but this experiment was done before I submit my first
querry.
  comments are welcome, thanks to all

Fussy? Opinionated? Impossible to please? Perfect.  Join Yahoo!'s user panel and lay it
on us.