FL2H in PI cell cycle analysis

arjmand arjmand at farabi.tums.ac.ir
Wed Sep 5 23:45:36 EDT 2007

Yobou!

Linear amplification should be applied for cell cycle analysis in order to have a good?
distinction of different stages. Log amplification actually expands week signals and
compresses strong ones. So when you apply log amplification your data are still there but
not visible.

hope this was a little help.

Alireza Ardjmand, M.Sc

Hematology, Oncology
and stem cell research Cent.
Shariati Hospital
Kargar Ave. 14114
Tehran-Iran
http://www.horc-bmt.org

Tel: 982184902626
Fax: 982188004140
Mobile: 989352335919

alternative email:
ardjmar72 at yahoo.com

19th Asia Pacific Cancer Conference
http://apcc-2007.org

On Wed, 5 Sep 2007 04:04:25 -0700 (PDT), yobou wrote
> Dear all
> for FL2H histograms, should FL2H be set to linear or logarithmic mode during PI
analysis of cell cycle??actually I tried both situations but interpretation of the
results was different upon cell cycle analysis by ModFit. When FL2H was set to linear
mode, there was a strong G2 arrest, but when it was set to logaritmic mode there was no
such G 2 arrest. why?
> thanks

believed to be clean.