Elimination of liquid waste

Ray Hicks rh208 at cam.ac.uk
Sat Sep 1 07:21:37 EDT 2007

I used to use hypochlorite (Virkon), which worked well in the analysers, but broke down under vacuum on my sorter to fill the room with chlorine (the powder itself triggered asthma in one of my users, so it was far from ideal) - I switched to a quaternary amine - based product (TriGene), which works well in both vacuum and passive waste systems (for me), I get no noticable foaming from it on my DiVa, though it does foam a little on the Canto II - I use it at approximately 1:100 of final tank volume.

Cheers

Ray