CD45.2/CD45.1 Double Positives in transplant recipients

Wunderlich, Joshua JPW at
Thu Oct 4 18:04:44 EDT 2007

Fellow Flow-ers,

We have been performing competitive transplant experiments where we
inject B6 (CD45.2+) HSC subsets into lethally irradiated PTPRC (CD45.1+)
recipients (along with whole PTPRC bone marrow) and drawing peripheral
blood at regular time points to measure hematopoietic reconstitution.
In many of these peripheral blood samples, we are finding CD45.1/CD45.2
double positive cells.	They do not seem to be lineage-specific based on
back-gating them to FSC/SSC, nor when we look at further panels of
either CD3/B220 or Mac1/Gr1.  Has anybody else experienced this?  What
are these cells?  To this point, we have assumed that they were donor
derived, but we would love any insight anybody could provide.

Joshua Wunderlich
Research Technician, Cytometry Facility
Stowers Institute for Medical Research
+1 816 926 4109