LSR II vs. Cyan flow cytometer

Marty Bigos mbigos at gladstone.ucsf.edu
Thu Jun 21 16:17:28 EDT 2007

Jerry-

Although we all have our favorites and our peeves about the various
instruments that are available, I cannot emphasize too much the need
for you to do your own testing. I have heard too many anecdotal
stories of instruments purchased which did not meet user's expectations.

As a suggestion, you could run some samples that you do on your
current instrument and ss how they compare. For a more formal test
you could stain the BD capture beads with varying concentrations of
the different color conjugated Abs you will be using, and compare the
sensitivity and ability to do correct compensation of both instruments.

Also, if you are interested in some of the extended capabilities of
the LSR with regard to green laser excitation, but cannot arrange
material for testing, the works published by Steve Perfetto and Bill
Telford on this subject are good places to start.

Marty Bigos, Director
Gladstone Flow Core

mail:
J. David Gladstone Institutes