Tunnel Assay by Flow

Darzynkiewicz, Zbigniew Z_DARZYNKIEWICZ at nymc.edu
Thu Jun 21 15:26:12 EDT 2007

We developed the TUNEL assay and first used it on human sperm cells in
1993 (Gorczyca et al., Presence of DNA strand breaks and increased
sensitivity of DNA in situ to denaturation in abnormal human sperm
cells. Analogy to apoptosis of somatic cells. Exp. Cell Res.,
207:202-205, 1993. The assay is simple, the most sensitive commercial
kit is the "APO-BRDU", which is available from several different
vendors.

Zbigniew Darzynkiewicz, M.D., Ph.D.
Professor of Pathology and Medicine
New York Medical College