LSR II vs. Cyan flow cytometer

Jerry Simecka jsimecka at hsc.unt.edu
Wed Jun 20 18:53:00 EDT 2007

I am considering getting a second flow cytometer.  We have a Beckman
Coulter FC500, but I am considering getting either an LSR II or Cyan
flow cytometer. Does anyone have experience with these flow cytometers?

We will use the new flow cytometer solely for research. I understand
that the LSR II is more flexible in the number of lasers as well as
up to 19 colors, whereas the Cyan can do 9 colors. Both do more than
our current flow cytometer.

Are there other flow cytometers that we should consider instead of
these two?

Thanks

** Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential
to the extent permitted by law and intended solely for the use of the individual or
entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error please
notify the originator of the message and destroy all copies. **