EAE rat spleen

roberta rigolio roberta.rigolio at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 10:26:58 EDT 2007

Hej everyone,

I finished experiments on EAE induced in rat by the sub cutaneous
inoculation of MBP in complete Freund adiuvant containing Mycobacterium
Tuberculosis. I dissected spleen and obtained cells. As shown in the
attached dot plot I found a population of cells with SSC higher than the
lymphocytes in the EAE animals which were not present in the no-treated
controls.
The cells present in this population are CD45+ CD11a+ CD45RA- CD3-. I
suspect they are granulocytes.

Do you have some experience on this model?
Do you have some experience on the effect of Complete Freund Adiuvant
containing Mycobacterium tuberculosis on the hemopiesis in the spleen?

Thanks a lot for all you answers

Have a nice evening

Roberta

--
PhD in Neuroscience
Dept. Neuroscience and Biomedical Technologies