Incomplete DiVa data printout

David Chambers davidc at ccmi.salk.edu
Wed Jun 13 14:49:50 EDT 2007

On 06/13/2007 07:24 AM Ray Hester wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Wondering if anyone else is having this problem:  when we print data
> from our Vantage DiVa (v. 4.0), most of the time all of the data is
> printed (e.g., 'complete data' attachment).  Sometimes, however, part
> of the data is missing ('incomplete data').  Re-printing results in a
> complete data sheet, but several printouts later, it will occur again.
>
> I'm not sure if this is  problem with our printer (a _cheap_ HP
> Deskjet 5740) or our copy of DiVa software?  It's been going on for a
> long time and I'm just now getting around to trying to figure it out.
>
> Is anyone with a similar sorter and DiVa software version having the
> same problem?

Ours does this as well, and we're printing to a Xerox 6200 color laser
printer.  I'm sure it's not your deskjet!  Sometimes, if the data files
are very large, it won't print at all, even with multiple tries...  The
workaround for this is to print to a PDF file, then print that directly
to the printer.  That's rather a pain to do, so except forlarge
datasets, we generally just reprint any incomplete printouts.

All the best

- David