Problems with dropdelay on FacsAria

Ian Titley Ian.Titley at icr.ac.uk
Tue Jun 12 04:50:50 EDT 2007

Hi Yan

No idea if this is relevent but I had a problem visualising the
accudrop "spot" with the filter in place. It turned out that there are
adjustments that can be made to the accudrop camera settings (contrast
etc) but these can only be seen in the "service area" of the FACSDiVa
software which is password protected - hence you will need a service
engineer for this. When adjustments were made the spot could be well
visualised.

Best wishes

Ian

Ian Titley PhD
Section of Haemato-oncology
Institute of Cancer Research
15 Cotswold Road
Belmont
Sutton
Surrey	SM2 5NG
UK

Tel +44 (0)20 8722 4255

This email and any attachments are confidential and may be the subject

of legal privilege.  Any use, copying or disclosure other than by the
intended recipient is unauthorised.  If you have received this message

in error, please notify the sender immediately via +44 (0) 20 8722
4255
and delete this message and any copies from your computer and network.

>>> "Zhang, Yan" <yan.zhang at ahus.no> 08/06/2007 11:42:52 >>>
Hi flowers

I 've had problems with dropdelay recently, the stream has been ok, but
when I started to run AccuDrop to decide the drop delay, I couldn't get
the side stream focused properly at 2000-4000 events/seconds, so when
the optical filter was turned on, I couldn't get up to 100, not even 70
of the intensity.

But when I increased the acquisition speed to over 5000 events/seconds,
I could get nearly 100 side stream intensity. According to BD operation
manual, the acquisition speed should be within 2000-4000 events/s, so
what should I do? I tried to adjust the camera for side stream, the drop
generation was nice and stable, and I have tried to re-insert the nozzle
to get a nice stream with correct drop generation.

 I don't know what else I should adjust anymore. Could some experts
give me some practical suggestions for solving the problems?

Thank you!

Yan Zhang

Flow-lab
Akershus universityhospital
Norway

The Institute of Cancer Research: Royal Cancer Hospital, a charitable Company Limited by
Guarantee, Registered in England under Company No. 534147 with its Registered Office at
123 Old Brompton Road, London SW7 3RP.

This e-mail message is confidential and for use by the addressee only.	If the message is
received by anyone other than the addressee, please return the message to the sender by
replying to it and then delete the message from your computer and network.