Problems with dropdelay on FacsAria

Zhang, Yan yan.zhang at ahus.no
Fri Jun 8 06:42:52 EDT 2007

Hi flowers

I 've had problems with dropdelay recently, the stream has been ok, but when I started to run AccuDrop to decide the drop delay, I couldn't get the side stream focused properly at 2000-4000 events/seconds, so when the optical filter was turned on, I couldn't get up to 100, not even 70 of the intensity.

But when I increased the acquisition speed to over 5000 events/seconds, I could get nearly 100 side stream intensity. According to BD operation manual, the acquisition speed should be within 2000-4000 events/s, so what should I do? I tried to adjust the camera for side stream, the drop generation was nice and stable, and I have tried to re-insert the nozzle to get a nice stream with correct drop generation.

 I don't know what else I should adjust anymore. Could some experts give me some practical suggestions for solving the problems?

Thank you!

Yan Zhang

Flow-lab
Akershus universityhospital