extranuclear Hoechst 33342 staining

Gary Warnes g.warnes at qmul.ac.uk
Thu Jun 7 04:07:32 EDT 2007

Dear David,

Previously I have found when labelling cells with Hoechst 33342 and
MitoTracker then homogenising the cells I have found that the mitochondria
not only have the MitoTracker but have a definite HO 33342 signal too which
I took to be the mtDNA, so I guess this constitutes some of the signal you
are seeing. Although I did fix the cells before homogenisation so the HO
33342 may have labelled the mtDNA because of the permeabilisation.

Gar Warnes

Head of Flow Cytometry & Imaging

Institute of Cell & Molecular Science

Barts & The London School of Medicine & Dentistry

University of London

UK

  _____