Adipose tissue in flow cytometry

Ann Kelly kellya at ohsu.edu
Tue Jun 5 13:26:46 EDT 2007

Hello Flow-ers,
   My principal investigator is looking for information from those
researchers with experience in the analysis of adipose tissue via flow
cytometry. This is a new area of research for our group, and we are
seeking a method for cell separation. Our hope is to be able to isolate
lymphocytes and granulocytes from the whole of the adipose tissue.  Here
are a couple of basic questions:
 1. What method of tissue digestion is favored prior to a cell sort?
 2. Do we need to sort the granulocytes and lymphocytes from the other
cells present in adipose tissue with a density gradient ( i.e. sucrose,
Percoll, etc.) prior to performing a cell sort?
Any advice about our new endeavor is welcome.
Thank you,
Ann Kelly
Oregon Health Science University
Senior Research Assistant
Department of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine