[ Cell Lab Quanta ]

NMS, Svc_facs [Service] facs at nervianoms.com
Tue Jun 5 10:58:14 EDT 2007

Dear Trinidad...
we had a Beckman Coulter Cell Lab (488 and Hg UV lamp Quanta) for one year.

We find out in our instrument some issues in comparison to other cytometry (BD
FACSCalibur):
 - no sufficient cooling (just on fan) inside cytometry due to Hg lamps ignition (high
temperature reached)
 - impossibility to use simultaneus excitations by 488 and UV source due to hardware
optical bench
 - no avaibility of FL-A and Width for cell cycle analysis
 - not all cytometry parameters were exportable in FCS file to off-line analysis

In contrary we found:
 - little instrument with good skills for immunophenotype, apoptosis (annexinV/PI) and
Hoechst side population
 - lower sheat consuption and waste production
 - possibiliy to sample recovery after cytometric analysis
 - easy software Windows based on PC
 - great support from Italian Beckman Coulter staff

This is my experience.
Regards

Dr. Paolo Cappella
Unità di Citometria a Flusso