[ Cell Lab Quanta ]
NMS, Svc_facs [Service]
facs at nervianoms.com
Tue Jun 5 10:58:14 EDT 2007
we had a Beckman Coulter Cell Lab (488 and Hg UV lamp Quanta) for one year.
We find out in our instrument some issues in comparison to other cytometry (BD
- no sufficient cooling (just on fan) inside cytometry due to Hg lamps ignition (high
- impossibility to use simultaneus excitations by 488 and UV source due to hardware
- no avaibility of FL-A and Width for cell cycle analysis
- not all cytometry parameters were exportable in FCS file to off-line analysis
In contrary we found:
- little instrument with good skills for immunophenotype, apoptosis (annexinV/PI) and
Hoechst side population
- lower sheat consuption and waste production
- possibiliy to sample recovery after cytometric analysis
- easy software Windows based on PC
- great support from Italian Beckman Coulter staff
This is my experience.
Dr. Paolo Cappella
Unità di Citometria a Flusso
Dipartimento di Biologia
Nerviano Medical Sciences srl
Via Pasteaur 10 - I 20014 Nerviano
From: Telford, William (NIH/NCI) [E] [mailto:telfordw at mail.nih.gov]
Sent: Friday, June 01, 2007 10:15 PM
Subject: RE: [ Cell Lab Quanta ]
We have a Cell Lab Quanta equipped with both the 488 nm laser and the Hg arc lamp option.
With the 488 nm laser operating, the instrument functions as a three-color flow
cytometer for FITC/PE/PE-Cy5 or PI (with electronic volume in place of forward scatter).
The Hg lamp option is excellent for doing DAPI cell cycle - you can use Hoechst dyes too,
but DAPI probably gives the best cell cycle resolution, and has low binding to RNA. The
flow cell design on the Quanta also gives very stable cell passage, essential to good
cell cycle analysis. You can also replace the UV filter in front of the lamp with a
green, and do high resolution PI cell cycle as well.
We've also used the Hg lamp for Hoechst SP, but without simultaneous phenotyping. We
have not tried other UV applications (i.e. indo-1 calcium) - the amount of UV light
reaching the flow cell might not be sufficient for these dimmer probes, however.
From: Trinidad Parra [mailto:tparracid at hotmail.com]
Sent: Friday, June 01, 2007 6:26 AM
Subject: [ Cell Lab Quanta ]
What is your opinion about CELL LAB QUANTA (Beckman Coulter)?
What think about excitation UV from a Hg arc lamp? (measures of dyes as
T. Parra Cid
Coordinadora de la Unidad de Investigación
Hospital Universitario de Guadalajara
Tlf. 949 209216
trpaci at sescam.jccm.es
FREE pop-up blocking with the new MSN Toolbar - get it now!
More information about the Cytometry