User logging program for PC
cpoon at medsfgh.ucsf.edu
Thu Jul 5 16:06:07 EDT 2007
If you are using Winxp, it already has the ability to log logins and logoffs
Here is how to set it up. You must be logged in as Administrator to do this.
1. Go to Control Panel > Adminstrative Tools > Local Security Policy > Local
Policies > Audit Policy
2. Right click on Audit logon events and open up properties.
3. Check Success and hit Ok.
4. Setup is done.
To view the list, you will also need the admin account. Here is what you do.
1. Right click on the My Computer icon and select Manage.
2. Click on Event Viewer under System Tools
3. Open up the Security Log
4. Events with the Category "Logon/Logoff" are listed for each User.
5. You can also export the list to a tab delimited text file, which can be
opened up in Excel.
Hope this helps,
Division of Experimental Medicine
University of California, San Francisco
UCSF Box 1234
San Francisco, CA 94143-1234
E-mail: cpoon at medsfgh.ucsf.edu
Update Log: http://www.xanga.com/DEMFlowCore
On 7/3/07 10:23 AM, "Mary Price" <mprice1 at tulane.edu> wrote:
> Hi Everyone
> I was wondering if anyone knew of a good user logging program for PC. I did
> a search on the email archives and all except one was for MAC. Any help
> would be greatly appreciated.
> Thanks and I hope all are having a wonderful day
More information about the Cytometry