Custom LSR-II - laser options?

Marty Bigos mbigos at gladstone.ucsf.edu
Tue Jul 3 16:05:12 EDT 2007

The 532nm @150 mW works quite well with mCherry and mTomato; we have
not had the chance to use mPlum.  If you choose this option, you will
need to either use a narrower than standard detection filter for
FITC, or else buy a 532 notch filter. We have done the latter, and it
works quite will.

BD will also configure your system with a 561 nm laser. The power on
these diodes (50 mW) is less than the green, but they match the
excitation of PE and its tandems, and the new fluorescent proteins
better. I have not seen any comparison data to be able to say one
works better than the other.

Marty Bigos, Director
Gladstone Flow Core

mail: