Doublet discrimination

Oscar Kai OKai at kilifi.kemri-wellcome.org
Mon Jan 29 05:15:53 EST 2007

Dear Flowers,

We are acquiring data by FC500 and are interested in doublet
discrimination using signal height vs.	 area under curve comparisons of
histograms...like they do in cell cycle analysis.

Our hypothesis is that we can use the same principle for discriminating
doublets in malaria parasite-infected erythrocytes.

We tried analysing the data using FlowJo but the Technical support for
FlowJo informed us that the area and width (and height) of a parameter
cannot be derived in  FlowJo, and that they must be acquired on the
cytometer.  Is there any one who can give us a stepwise procedure for
setting up probe pulse for  the detectors. I am told if you enable this
then one should gain the extra channel measurements (width,area hieght)

Happy New Year!!

Oscar Kwesha Kai
Wellcome Trust /KEMRI -CGMRC
Immunology Dept