New Red Exciting laser for my MoFlo

Barbara Joan Taylor taylorba at mail.nih.gov
Thu Jan 25 16:41:34 EST 2007

Janet

I have a Coherent Innova 70C Spectrum laser on my FACS Vantage SE. It is a
big water-cooled laser but it can be used at 457, 488, 514, 568, and 647 nm
(you can easily get 100 mw at each of these wavelengths) and it is very easy
to change wavelengths.	I have used 568 numerous times for dsRed, monomeric
RFP, tomato, cherry, and strawberry.  It gets a lot of use at 514 for YFP
when the primary argon is tuned to 457 for CFP. I also use it at 647 as my
red laser. I hope I am not tempting fate by saying this, but it has had only
one minor problem in the past 5 years.	I do not know the current price.

Barbara J Taylor
Facility Manager, FACS Core
CCR, NCI, NIH
Bldg 37 Room 6008