Multi-Color Flow on Patient Samples

Kraus, Elizabeth elizabkr at BaylorHealth.edu
Fri Jan 19 17:47:19 EST 2007

For those of you out there monitoring patient samples using multi-color
flow cytometry (6+ fluorophores), I would like to know of any obstacles
and/or considerations I should be aware of.  Specifically, I'm looking
for guidelines (if there are any) on titrating multiple antibodies,
combining/pooling antibodies, standardization of reagents over multiple
sampling sessions, etc... Essentially the question is can you compare a
sample from a patient at multiple points over the course of a year and
have it actually mean anything?  Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Elizabeth T. Kraus

Manager, Flow Cytometry core Facility

Baylor Institute for Immunology Research

3434 Live Oak, Suite 200.1

Dallas,  TX.  75204

214-820-3586

elizabkr at bhcs.com

This e-mail, facsimile, or letter and any files or attachments transmitted with it contains information that is confidential and privileged. This information is intended only for the use of the individual(s) and entity(ies) to whom it is addressed. If you are the intended recipient, further disclosures are prohibited without proper authorization. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, printing, or use of this information is strictly prohibited and possibly a violation of federal or state law and regulations. If you have received this information in error, please notify Baylor Health Care System immediately at 1-866-402-1661 or via e-mail at privacy at baylorhealth.edu. Baylor Health Care System, its subsidiaries, and affiliates hereby claim all applicable privileges related to this information.