platelet dust

Rajan, Bhargavi BRajan at cnmc.org
Wed Jan 17 13:51:32 EST 2007

Hi all,

I have an investigator who wants to track activated platelets-these are
about 1-3uM in size. Apart from these she also wants to surface
expression of CD42b on "platelet dust"; these are about 0.02-0.05uM in
size.

Do you think the FACSCalibur is able to distinguish between platelet
"dust" and say noise? Do I have to set the instrument with beads that
are that size? Do you know if such beads are available?

Please advice.

Bhargavi Rajan

Technical Coordinator,  Flow Cytometry Facility

Children's Research Institute

Children's National Medical Center

111 Michigan Ave, Washington DC-20010

PHONE: 202 884 2308

FAX: 202 884 3929

EMAIL: brajan at cnmc.org

contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.