Near IR Excitation

dombkowski@helix.mgh.harvard.edu dombkowski at helix.mgh.harvard.edu
Wed Jan 10 07:22:23 EST 2007

Carol,

  We have a 785nm 25mw IR Laser installed on our LSR II along with 6
other lasers. We have not done much work with this laser but there
are a couple of dyes for IR excitation. We are working with BD to
have a remote monitoring of laser intercept to avoid potential eye
damage. We hope to be doing more with this laser in near future.

  I am still trying to find suitable beads for IR excitation to
troubleshoot alignment.

David

I have an investigator who is interested in equipping our new sorter
with laser lines at 680 nm and 780 nm to excite dyes like Cy7 and
other near IR excited dyes.  I've searched the Purdue list, and other
than an interesting discussion from Howard in 1997, I don't see any
either.  Is anyone looking at these excitation wavelengths?

Thanks,

Carol

Carol Oxford

Manager, UC Davis Optical Biology Lab

Tupper Hall, rm 3425

University of California

Davis, California  95616

(530) 752-7205

(530) 752-4548 fax
--
David M. Dombkowski
dombkowski at helix.mgh.harvard.edu
Flow Cytometry-Pathology-CPZN room 4310
Center for Regenerative Medicine and Technology
Massachusetts General Hospital
185 Cambridge Street
Boston,MA 02114
Tel (617)-726-1683
Fax (617)-724-3164

THE INFORMATION TRANSMITTED IN THIS ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATION IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE
PERSON OR ENTITY TO WHOM IT IS ADDRESSED AND MAY CONTAIN CONFIDENTIAL AND/OR PRIVILEGED
MATERIAL.  ANY REVIEW, RETRANSMISSION, DISSEMINATION OR OTHER USE OF OR TAKING OF ANY
ACTION IN RELIANCE UPON, THIS INFORMATION BY PERSONS OR ENTITIES OTHER THAN THE INTENDED
RECIPIENT IS PROHIBITED.  IF YOU RECEIVED THIS INFORMATION IN ERROR, PLEASE CONTACT THE
SENDER AND THE PRIVACY OFFICER, AND PROPERLY DISPOSE OF THIS INFORMATION.