ARIA - Sorting into Eppendorf Tubes

Bushnell, Timothy Timothy_Bushnell at URMC.Rochester.edu
Tue Jan 9 16:01:26 EST 2007

Hello CK:

What I've done is to get a hold of the 1 ml tubes used for the small
block and put them as placeholders in the 3 ml block.  Then we use
eppendorf tubes with their lids cut off.  You can easily do 4 way
sorting into the tubes and everything stays cool.

Tim

-----Original Message-----
From: Ck Poon [mailto:cpoon at medsfgh.ucsf.edu]
Sent: Friday, January 05, 2007 2:56 PM
To: cyto-inbox
Subject: ARIA - Sorting into Eppendorf Tubes

Happy New Year to All,

I have a question for all the ARIA folks. Some of our users are used to
sorting into 1.5ml Eppendorf centrifuge tubes on the Digital Vantage and
they like to do the same on the ARIA. The problem with this is that BD
doesn't offer a water-cooled collection block for 4-way Eppendorf tube
sorting. Does anyone out there sort into eppendorf tubes? And how are
you
keeping the tubes cooled while the sort is happening.

I'm thinking of getting another 4-way cooled block and routing the front
part of it out for the eppendorf caps to stick out. Has anyone already
tried
this approach?

Thank you in advance for any replies.

Best,