METROFLOW MEETING

PLopez@adarc.org PLopez at adarc.org
Mon Jan 8 10:16:12 EST 2007

MetroFlow Meeting Announcement

February 6, 2007-- Rockefeller University Weiss Building, 17th Floor

Plan now on attending this full-day meeting!
It is a great opportunity to  learn the important role that flow cytometry
plays in various research and	clinical projects, learn some new techniques
and
see the latest	instrumentation and reagents that our corporate members
will have on  display.
It is also a great opportunity to meet your fellow MetroFlow  members and
tap in to  the vast cumulative knowledge of the NY - NJ flow cytometry
community.

The meeting includes  a light breakfast, coffee break and lunch.

Morning plenary sessions:
Saurabh Mehandru, M.D., Research Scientist, Aaron Diamond AIDS Research
Center and  The Rockefeller University, New York, NY,
"Understanding the role of the	gastrointestinal tract  in HIV-1
infection"

Elisabeth Paietta, Ph. D., Professor of Medicine, Our Lady of Mercy Cancer
Center,  Bronx NY,
"Surrogate Marker  Profiles for Molecular Lesions in Acute Leukemias."

3rd presentation-- To be announced

Afternoon workshops:
Alan Stall,  Ph. D.,  Director of Advanced Cytometry  Technologies,  BD
Biosciences
"Optimization of your Flow Cytometer for  Multicolor Experiments"

Kelly  Lundsten, Field	Application Scientist, Invitrogen/ Molecular
Probes,
“Considerations  for Live Cell Cycle Analysis and Viability”

The cost of the  meeting is $55 for current MetroFlow members and $65 for
non-members.
On-line and mail-in registration is available at the MetroFlow website
http://www.metroflow.org/ .
For more information contact Peter Lopez, plopez at adarc.org, or 212.448.5188

Peter Lopez
The Aaron Diamond AIDS Research Center