ARIA - Sorting into Eppendorf Tubes

Ck Poon cpoon at medsfgh.ucsf.edu
Fri Jan 5 14:56:06 EST 2007

Happy New Year to All,

I have a question for all the ARIA folks. Some of our users are used to
sorting into 1.5ml Eppendorf centrifuge tubes on the Digital Vantage and
they like to do the same on the ARIA. The problem with this is that BD
doesn't offer a water-cooled collection block for 4-way Eppendorf tube
sorting. Does anyone out there sort into eppendorf tubes? And how are you
keeping the tubes cooled while the sort is happening.

I'm thinking of getting another 4-way cooled block and routing the front
part of it out for the eppendorf caps to stick out. Has anyone already tried
this approach?

Thank you in advance for any replies.

Best,
Ck