[ Alexa selection question ]

RAJA ALAMELU alameluraja at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 5 06:07:46 EST 2007

Dear Flow list members,
  We have a FACS Calibur with 2 lasers - 488 and ~635nm and emission optics to measure
FL1, FL2, FL3 and FL4.
  Can we use Alexa Flour 700 as FL3? When viewing the Spectrum at BD site, Alexa Fluor is
falling totally within the range of FL3 emission filter without any overlap with FL2 or
FL4.
  But will the 635 laser be able to excite Alexa700?
  Will Alexa 647 be useful, instead of Alexa700 and without interference with FL4 APC?
  Will PE-Cy5 be useful, instead of Alexa700 and without interference with FL4 APC?
  Those who have experience with FACS Caliber, kindly give your suggestions please.
  With thanks,
  Alamelu Raja