problem with 733MHz Mac equipped Calibur

Ernest Stapleton Ernest.Stapleton at easternhealth.ca
Wed Jan 3 15:10:59 EST 2007

Hi there Justin,
Our FacsCalibur acts the same way. We are running the same software profile as you do.
Luckily it seems to have no adverse effects on the lasers, since they get shut off and re-started without a cool down. We still have our original 488 laser after 4 years (and running 7 hrs a day). Our HeNe was replaced once.
Otherwise, that's just the way they act. They CPU rarely crashes, so it's not a big annoyance.
I don't understand what you mean when you say you re-boot after data acquisition. Do you have to re-start after aquisition?
quote: Once data is collected and the Mac is rebooted,
If you are constantly rebooting your Mac, you could have an OS software problem.

Ernest Stapleton
Division Manager
Immunology and Genetics Laboratories
Room 1524 Health Sciences Center