DiVa software on Intel Mac problem

Richard D. Schretzenmair rds at mail.MED.UPENN.EDU
Wed Jan 3 11:09:03 EST 2007

Hello,

We have tried installing either DiVa 5.0.1 or 5.0.2 on and Intel IMac
using Windows XP and Parallels, for analysis only. The USB ports are
turned on, with Auto-mount. When the dongle is inserted windows
reports that a new device has been mounted. We encountered the
following errors during installation:

1) Choose Cytometer dialog:  While it defaults to None, it will not
accept that response as an answer, and forces you to pick a instrument.

2) On the advice of our engineer, we picked an instrument.
Installation continues, as expected VxWorks fails to load, then the
installer reports that FACSDiva software was successfully installed.

Then when we launch the DiVa software, the following error message
appears:

	Drive initialization error occurred
	Application will be terminated
	Status value 12

When we clear that window a console window appears with the following
message:

	Error starting the application
	Check log...

Checking the log:

	Disabling offscreen DirectDraw acceleration

	It is likely that your Database is not running.
	Ensure 'SyBase' has been installed and the service is running

	Go to
		Control Panel/Administrative Tools/Services
		and see if the following service exists and is started:
		Adaptive Server Anywhere - BDFACSApp

Admin. Tools reports that the service exists and is indeed active.
For good measure I stopped and restarted this service. The DiVa
software still fails to launch, with the same error message. Does
anyone one have any suggestions for how to work around this problem?

Thanks for your help

Rich

Richard D. Schretzenmair

Flow Cytometry and Cell Sorting Shared Resource
Abramson Cancer Center
University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine
297 John Morgan Bldg.
3620 Hamilton Walk
Philadelphia, PA  19104-6082

Phone:	215-898-3528