96 well plates

Stetler-Stevenson, Maryalice (NIH/NCI) [E] stetler at mail.nih.gov
Tue Jan 2 12:43:28 EST 2007

We are investigating the use of 96 well plates for patient specimens. We
are understaffed for our specimen load and this would reduce the amount
of work per case. Our problem is that all patients have had their
diagnostic biopsy elsewhere and most have also had therapy of some sort.
We do minimal residual disease on just about all cases, acquiring
200,000- 750,000 events routinely. We therefore need to stain at least 1
million cells per antibody combo. Has anyone done this in 96 well
plates?

Maryalice Stetler-Stevenson, Ph.D., M.D.

Chief, Flow Cytometry Unit, LP, NCI, NIH