Stem cell side population detection

xiaoyuan jia jiaxiaoyuan at
Wed Jan 3 09:32:14 EST 2007

Hi Albert,
  I  have done some sp experiments of cell lines for long time .A few papers have showed
that some cell lines(eg.C6,Hela) have sp phenotype,so my sp experiments started from
these cell lines,but sometimes I cannot repeat their results(although I used the same
cell lines ,same condition as those papers mentioned),that's really frustrated me.After I
used mice,I found my method is not wrong ,then I tried other cell lines and get some good
results.So I think that the sp phenotype really related with the cell culture conditon or
the degree of confluence and other circumstances.
  good luck!
  Xiaoyuan Jia