gamma delta T cells and lymphoma markers by flow

Mark Simmerson Mark.Simmerson at sch.nhs.uk
Tue Jan 2 04:49:19 EST 2007

 Hi All
 and a happy New Year!
 First question;
Our consultant Immunologist has recently started to ask us to
investigate Alpha-Beta, Gamma-Delta T cell expression, particularly in
cases where the cause immune compromise is not clear.
Now I know that a/b and g/d expression can be seen on both CD4+ and
CD8+ T cells, I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on what
a/b and g/d expression actually means.
Also we have had a patient (3yrs old) who presented with
recurrent/longstanding viral infections who had the following results;
CD2+ = 96%, CD3+ = 85%, CD7+ = 93%
CD3+/CD4+ = 7%
CD3+/CD8+ = 30%
TCR a/b = 18%
TCR g/d = 69%
NK cells = 9%
Any thoughts?

Second question;
Our consultant Histopathologist is keen for us to start doing CD15 and
CD30 by flow. Has anyone had any experience with these? Good
antibodies?
Methods? I know a number of suppliers (eg Coulter) do make these and
I'm guessing PE would be the fluorochrome of choice, but any advice
would
be gratefully received!
Cheers
Mark Simmerson