Fw: Can FACS Ab's sterically hinder each other?

David.C.McFarland@gsk.com David.C.McFarland at gsk.com
Fri Aug 24 17:01:32 EDT 2007

I can up the ante on weird Ab interactions.  I've seen instances where
single stains work, dual stains don't and sequential staining only works
if you go in the right order!

David McFarland
Principal Scientist
GlaxoSmithKline
----- Forwarded by David C McFarland/PharmRD/GSK on 08/24/2007 04:57 PM
-----

"Preffer, Frederic I., Ph.D." <PREFFER at HELIX.MGH.HARVARD.EDU>
23-Aug-2007 20:19
cc

Subject
RE: Can FACS Ab's sterically hinder each other?

I think it is possible you will see inhibition. You can certainly see the
effect
of   staining either anti- TCR alpha-beta [or gamma-delta] vs CD3 epsilon.
 The
two TCR chains are ensconced within the CD3 chains and thus show steric
opposition. I do agree with Tom that trying the staining individually and
simultaneously will give you the answer

fred