Question

shareef nahas snahas at mednet.ucla.edu
Fri Aug 24 19:32:34 EDT 2007

Hi my name is Shareef Nahas, I am a graduate student at UCLA, and I was advised by BD biosciences to try out this email list.

I have a question I hope someone might be able to answer.

Using flow cytometry I have been using an anti-FITC antibody to detect an increase in a phosphorylated form of a protein of interest of ours after DNA damage.  The primary antibody is against the phosphorylated form of this protein and I am using an anti-FITC secondary to detect a shift or increase in the amount of phosphorylation post DNA damage.

We have been collecting the data in log scale we would like to convert the data (means) from log to linear data by hand.

For example prior to DNA damage the would give in log scale a mean of 2.0 but after DNA damage and the mean of the curve would shift to let say 5.0.  Would anyone know how to convert these numbers from LOG to Linear?

Thank you

Shareef Nahas

IMPORTANT WARNING:  This email (and any attachments) is only intended for the use of the person or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged and confidential.  You, the recipient, are obligated to maintain it in a safe, secure and confidential manner.	Unauthorized redisclosure or failure to maintain confidentiality may subject you to federal and state penalties. If you are not the recipient, please immediately notify us by return email, and delete this message from your computer.