BrDU monkey inspired non-FACS question...

burkes@mskcc.org burkes at mskcc.org
Thu Sep 14 14:41:40 EDT 2006

The Monkey BrDU thread inspired me to ask a question about a problem I
have been trying to sort out lately. It is not FACS based but I was
hoping someone out there might be able to help.
    I am going to be injecting mice at time point 1 with BrDU waiting X
amount of time and then injecting IDU at time point 2 with hopes of
seeing different distributions of each in a tumor.
    The problem I have is that I cannot find an antibody that detects
only IDU. The closest is an antibody that detects both IDU and BUDR
together. I was hoping to stain the tumor for IF with the IDU/BuDR
antibody at 568 nm and then stain for BuDR only with 468 nm and perform
some sort of image analysis/background subtraction.
    First off, the simple answer/question....does anyone know where you
can purchase a monoclonal IDU specific antibody?
    Second...Does anyone know of an easier way to go about this type of
experiment that will not involve tricky background subtraction on tumor
section?

Sean Burke
Research Technician
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
Zuckerman Research Building
410 E. 69th St. NY, NY 10021
201-310-5274

     communication or any of its attachments is strictly prohibited.  If
     computer.