surge protection for air-cooled lasers?

Ray Hicks rh208 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Sep 13 12:46:19 EDT 2006

My laser (same model, similar age) sputtered and died 6 months ago, on
dismantling the psu, I found a fuse holder (two spring clips soldered onto a
pcb) had either gone soft or been too loose on manufacture, bending both
ends  inwards so that they held the fuse tightly fixed the psu for me -
maybe yours is in the same batch?

 I remember a "field revision" for my old facstar plus involved my field
engineer soldering wire links across a set of similar fuse holders set in
the upper electronics console

Cheers

Ray