WinMDI - getting stats on overlayed histograms

Joe_Trotter@BD.com Joe_Trotter at BD.com
Fri Jun 30 15:27:49 EDT 2006

Rich,

	No - you get only the one parameter's stats. The overlay
capability was for display only because it was originally written as a
graphical print engine, and was dragged kicking & screaming into
analysis...

	Joe

Joseph Trotter
Director, Cytometry / Research and Development
Advanced Technology Group

BD Biosciences - Pharmingen R&D
tel: (858) 812-8946  cell: (858) 449-7338  fax: (858) 812-8979
10975 Torreyana Road, San Diego, CA 92121-1106 USA
E-mail: Joe_Trotter at bd.com   Website: www.bd.com

Rich Stanton <stantonrj at cf.ac.uk>
06/29/2006 11:17 AM

cc

Subject
WinMDI - getting stats on overlayed histograms

Hi,

Just getting to grips with winMDI - excellent program btw, especially
the fact that its free.  Quick & easily answered (I hope!) question.  I
can overlay multiple histograms easily enough, however if I mark an area
& get stats, the stats are only about the base histogram.  Is there a
way to get the stats to refer to the overlayed data?  I know I can work
around it by marking an area on the overlayed histogram, opening the
overlay as a separate histogram in its own right & the copying/pasting
the marker before getting stats on that, but wondered if it could be
done directly on the overlayed graph?

Thanks,

Rich

IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR RECIPIENTS IN THE U.S.A: This message may
constitute an advertisement of BD group's products or services or a
solicitation of interest in them.  If this is such a message and
you would like to opt out of receiving future advertisements or
solicitations from this BD group, please forward this e-mail to the
optoutbygroup at bd.com.
This message (which includes any attachments) is intended only for
the designated recipient(s).  It may contain confidential or
proprietary information and may be subject to attorney-client
privilege or other confidentiality protections.  If you are not a
designated recipient, you may not review, use, copy or distribute
this message.  If you received this in error, please notify the
sender by reply e-mail and delete this message.  Thank You
Corporate Headquarters Mailing Address:  BD (Becton, Dickinson and
Company) 1 Becton Drive Franklin Lakes, NJ 07417 U.S.A.