Position: Supervisor, Flow Cytometry Lab (Cambridge, MA)

Eric Hare Eric.Hare at biogenidec.com
Mon Feb 27 13:06:21 EST 2006

Dear Flow'ers,
I am posting this position on behalf of my colleagues in Cambridge, MA.
Their Flow Lab recently moved into a brand new facility with an
outstanding selection of instruments.
For those interested in this great opportunity, please contact Ann Ranger
at ann.ranger at biogenidec.com, or by phone at 617-679-2161.

The job description can also be found on the Cytometry Jobs board at
http://www.cyto.purdue.edu/flowcyt/jobs.htm#

Best regards, Eric

Eric Hare
Biogen Idec
5200 Research Place
San Diego, CA 92122
(858) 401-8293

_____________

Supervisor, Flow Cytometry Lab (Biogen Idec, Cambridge, MA)

Job description:
We are seeking an experienced and highly motivated individual to manage
our state-of-the-art flow cytometry facility.  The lab currently contains
multiple analyzers (BD FACSCalibur, BD LSR-II,	BD FACSArray) and high
speed cell sorters (MoFlo, Influx). Responsibilities include the
scheduling, operation and maintenance of these instruments. Candidate
should be facile in the ability to troubleshoot and effect timely repair
of the instruments. The ideal candidate will be knowledgeable regarding
recent developments in the field and be able to implement and communicate
these advances to the user community.

Qualifications:
Proven record of management of a multi-user flow cytometry facility.
In-depth knowledge of the operation of flow cytometry analyzers and cell
sorters. Experience with those instruments currently in our facility is a
plus (FACSCalibur, LSR II, FACSArray, MoFlo, and Influx). Excellent
interpersonal skills are required. Ideal candidate will have a background
in biology for effective communication with users. BS or advanced degree.

Contact:  Submit inquires and/or CVs to: ann.ranger at biogenidec.com