CFSE staining and unlabeled cells

rozenkov@netscape.net rozenkov at netscape.net
Sun Feb 19 00:12:23 EST 2006

Dear Enrico,

It would be of help to people trying to help you if you could post example pictures of stimulated and control cultures. As has already been correctly suggested, a picture of stained cells before culturing would also help. Otherwise, unlikely anybody will be able to finally solve you problem with this amount of information.

Generally, if you do not add any proteins to PBS (as you describe) 10uM CFSE for 10mln/ml MNC is a lot and should not require increasing CFSE concentration or decreasing cell density.

Anyway, it is necessary to see where your divided cell peaks are, where the undivided cell peak is, whether you can see separate division peaks and how many, why you have events in the first log, why they overlap with the sixth division, etc.

Do you use MNC and how much of RBC contamination do you have? I have once seen odd peaks due to RBC.

Regards.

Vladislav Rozenkov, MD, PhD