Drive air bubble

Christopher A. Worth caw at bcc.louisville.edu
Thu Feb 2 15:45:01 EST 2006

This is what i do.  I put the system on "unclog nozzle" I have a plastic transfer pipette
that has half the bulb
cut off.  I fill the bulb with EtOH, and then let the nozzle suck up the EtOH.	This
serves to break up any
remaining bubbles.  Especially, alternating between "unclog" and "Debubble".

I rarely find it beneficial to punch the MoFlo,  some investigators?  quite tempting some
days. :)

as to the MoFlo's reliability.	I would take a very dim view of anybody showing up to
remove my sorter and
replacing it with anything else.  Punching comes to mind.

Chris

--Original Message Text---
From: zhao wenping
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 11:50:35 +0900
 Hi,

Is it a good way to expel the air bubbles by punching the nozzle supporting stage of
MoFlo cell sorter? It is said that's the
recommendation from DAKO company.
Our MoFlo cell sorter does not work well, it undergoes maintenance frequently, is there
any other MoFlo sorter has the same
problem?

Thanks,

Wenping Zhao
Department of Regenerative Medicine
Yokohama City University School of Medicine
3-9, FuKu-ura, Kanazawa Ku, Yokohama
236-0004, Japan
Tel/Fax:  045-787-8963(Lab)
E-mail: zhao at med.yokohama-cu.ac.jp