looking for cell counter

Cogswell, Andrew CogswellA at mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca
Mon Sep 26 13:03:11 EST 2005

Bunny,

I've used the Z2 channelized Beckman coulter counter for sizing salmon blood
cells (1999-2001).  Very easy to use, comes with interchangable orifices
(based on the size of your particles of interest) and you can buy isotonic
sheath fluid from them as well.  I am sure that they've upgraded since then,
but the printer outputs were of quite poor quality (very dot matrix looking)
and the channels were quite large (all relative) so small differences in
particle size (<10µm) might not be picked up.  It did the trick for us, but
it was pretty basic.  It was around 15K I think.

Regards,

Andrew Cogswell
Biotechnologist
Scientific Imaging Laboratory
Ecosystem Research Division
Bedford Institute of Oceanography
Department of Fisheries and Oceans Canada
1 Challenger Drive
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
B2Y 4A2
Phone: (902)-426-4353