Aria stream shutdown w/load sample

Stingley, Robin L StingleyRobinL at uams.edu
Wed Nov 30 18:56:49 EST 2005

Dear flow experts,

I've been having an intermittent problem with the stream shutting off
when I load Accudrop beads, and it's getting worse.  We've tried
changing all sample lines and I've been backflushing before loading
tubes, and have turned the flow rate down to 1.0.  At first I thought
that it was a problem with the first loaded tube of the day, but it has
now happened after other tubes have loaded fine.  It usually happens
with the accudrop beads, and usually right before a sort customer walks
in the door.  It has happened even after I filtered the beads.	It
actually started a while ago with customer samples, but I assumed that
they had clumped even though they were in filter-top tubes and I knew
the customer(s) had filtered them.

The error message says that the system detected a clog but if I
immediately restart the stream, there is no problem and I can usually
load the same tube of beads (or cells) and continue.  My engineer is
asking around to see if any other engineers have seen this, but I
thought I'd check with this group.

Thanks,

Robin

Robin Stingley, Ph.D.

Flow Cytometry Core Facility

Department of Microbiology and Immunology

Slot 511, Rm B504

4301 West Markham Street

Little Rock, Arkansas 72205

Phone:	501-686-6927

E-mail:  StingleyRobinL at uams.edu

http://www.uams.edu/flowcytometry/ <http://www.uams.edu/flowcytometry/>

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.