Guava EasyCyte Mini vs. Beckman Quanta SC

Telleria, Carlos Carlos.Telleria at usd.edu
Tue Nov 29 17:18:39 EST 2005

Hi everybody!

Our department does not have a flow cytometry core. Our lab want to buy
a personalized cytometry system for specific applications such as
apoptosis and cell cycle. We don't need to do sorting. My question is:
if you have to choose between the Cell Lab Quanta SC from Beckman and
the Guava EasyCyte Mini, which one you recommend? Should I indicate that
we are not experts in cytometry and won't have any particular personnel
to handle the machine.

We have some enthusiasm with the Guava microcapillary system, yet are
concerned about the reliability of the system.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Carlos

Carlos Telleria, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Division of Basic Biomedical Sciences
University of South Dakota School of Medicine
414 East Clark Street; Vermillion, SD 57069
Tel: (605) 677-5161; Fax: (605) 677-6381
Email: carlos.telleria at usd.edu