antibody binding ratio cd71=mTfR

Job Calis job.calis at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 03:34:46 EST 2005

Dear experts,

for a study in Africa we have determined CD71 (Transferrin Receptor)
expression on CD235 positive cells. We have calculated the actual PE
molecules bound to a cell using Quantibrite beads (BD). Neither BD nor the
manufacturer of our CD71-PE (Sanquin) can tell us how many PE-labelled
antibodies bind to one CD71 molecule however. The antibody is clone RVS10
(further details: http://www.sanquin.nl/sanquin-eng/sqn_home_eng.nsf)

Knowing this will improve reproducibility of our work.

Has any of you looked at this (binding ration of CD71 antibody to actual
CD71 ligand)? or has other suggestions regarding this?

Kind regards

Job Calis

--
JCJ Calis MD