RNA extraction after sorting for intracellular antigen

Max Warncke max.warncke at uniklinik-freiburg.de
Thu Nov 24 04:06:58 EST 2005

Hi,

we are looking for a method to extract RNA from lymphocytes which were fixed
and permeabilized and stained for an intracellular antigen. We have some
problems in doing so with normal Formaldehyde/Saponin protocol. We want to
use the RNA for spectratyping. If we try to extract RNA from fixed specimen
we do not obtain any RNA (not even degraded one) and it looks like the whole
RNA is just leaking out of the cell. Do we have to treat our buffers with
DEPC or ß-ME? Are they better methods for fixing the cells or crosslinkin
the RNA to the cell. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks

Max

	Max Warncke, Dipl. Biol.

	University Freiburg Medical Center