Changes at PUCL

J.Paul Robinson jpr at flowcyt.cyto.purdue.edu
Mon Nov 21 20:25:22 EST 2005

Dear Colleagues
Over the next few days our laboratory is moving our servers across campus to our
new home in the Bindley Bioscience Center at Purdue University.
(http://web.e-enterprise.purdue.edu/wps/portal/Bioscience)

The entire PUCL complex of 21 individuals will relocate into the new institute
over the next few weeks. This is a very exciting opportunity for us as we move
into a state of the art institute building our of our dungeon space in Hansen
Hall where we have not seen the light of day for 17 years.......we will have
windows!!!

So, the bottom line is that we may have some problems with the server and the
cytometry email discussion, ISAC website and Congress website- all of which are
run off our PUCL servers. I hope that things will work out, but you may
experience slow access or even bounced messages. This should only occur for a
day at the most, as the change is happening at 2pm EST USA time on November 22.

Operation of these resources is important to us and we hope that things work out
OK...but who knows what happens when you shut down about 9 servers....and hope
like heck that they start up again!!!

Kind regards

Paul Robinson
Purdue