Postdoctoral Position! Fun! Excitement! ...and science...

Derek Davies derek.davies at cancer.org.uk
Sat Nov 19 07:20:21 EST 2005

My 2p worth!

I have to agree with David. I have posted several job adverts on this
list and not just for positions in my Lab but also those of
colleagues. It has proved especially useful in cases where a
prospective employer is after a cytometrist but doesn't know where
else to advertise. Also, as David said, those of us on here may know
someone who is right for a post and we wouldn't have any other way of
knowing that such a post was available. Its a passive absorption
rather than an active process.

I may have missed a post but I presume this is a conscious decision?
Steve, Paul, any comments?

Derek

>  >
>>  [ Coordinator's Note:  We no longer send out job postings to the
>>mailing list;  ]
>>  [ Instead, this posting is at
>>http://www.cyto.purdue.edu/flowcyt/Jobs/job482.htm ]
>>  [  Please check our job listings regularly at
>>http://www.cyto.purdue.edu/flowcyt/jobs.htm ]
>>  [ Steve Kelley ]
>>

>I'm not sure that's such a good thing. Okay, force job seekers to look
>at a bulletin board.  However, what of those who might like to know of
>these positions via the Flow mailing list and don't regularly go out of
>their way to connect to and check a separate forum?  I'm speaking of
>those who may see a job posting on the Flow mailing list and know
>someone who is right for that job.  It strikes me that the separate
>forum dilutes the target audience and hence is not such a good deal for
>the advertisers. (?zers?)
>
>/my $0.02
>
>- David

Derek Davies					Voice: (44) 020 7269 3394
FACS Laboratory,			FAX: (44) 020 7269 3479
London Research Institute,		e_mail: derek.davies at cancer.org.uk
Cancer Research UK		mobile: 07790 604112
44 Lincolns Inn Fields, London, UK.

Web Page: http://science.cancerresearchuk.org/sci/facs/

In tenebris lux