Concentration and conjugation of antibodies

Marianne.Enger@med.uib.no Marianne.Enger at med.uib.no
Fri Nov 18 09:46:51 EST 2005

Dear Flowers;
I have a postdoc in my group who wants to conjugate antibodies and he has
asked me to post this question:
I want to conjugate antibodies (1 mg/ml) with Cy5 dye, however I am un sure as
to the best way to concentrate the conjugated dye after separation on Sephadex
column. In previous attempts, I have gotten about 6 ml of conjugate back from
the sephadex column following separation from unconjugated dye...and the
resulting solution is not stable. Does anyone have any suggestions on
concentration procedures to get a final antibody-conjugate solution of 1 mg/mL.

Thanks,
Emmet McCormack

Marianne Enger
Dept of Internal Medicine