MLR's with Flow

Wigington, Don Don.Wigington at genzyme.com
Thu Nov 17 18:11:37 EST 2005

Dear Flowers

Here is a pretty simple question. (But I bet not a lot of simple answers.)

Has anyone ever tried to use flow cytometry for analyzing mixed leukocyte
reactions? I am trying to study the proliferation of responder T cells rate
mixed with drug treated APC's. We can't use radioactivity here so I was
going to try a colorimetric approach (cell titer 96;Promega) but the
sensitivity is not great enough. I am a bit worried that I will not have
enough cells for flow but I do have a BD FACSArray so I can do it in 96-well
plates. Any info would be appreciated very much.

Don

Don Wigington
Manager, Preclinical Laboratory
Genzyme Corporation