mitochondria

Taylor, Barbara Joan (NIH/NCI) TaylorBa at mail.nih.gov
Wed Nov 16 13:26:08 EST 2005

Flow people -

I have a user who has purified the mitochondria from HeLa cells; these mitochondria
contain a protein she has expressed in their membranes.  She has a number of antibodies
to different epitopes of this protein and wants to do flow with these antibodies.  She
wants to stain for both external and internal expression of the epitopes.  Has anyone
done surface antigen staining on purified mitochondria or done fixation/permeabilization
for internal staining? I am assuming we will need to use a MitoTracker so we can trigger
on fluorescence and not scatter - will a MitoTracker dye be affected by permeabilization?

Thanks for any suggestions

Barb

Barbara J Taylor
Facility Manager, FACS Core