HeNe laser

Massicotte Éric Eric.Massicotte at ircm.qc.ca
Tue Nov 15 16:17:26 EST 2005

Hello Flowers,
Need some help for loss of sensitivity in red range of detection on a MoFlo.
We are using a HeNe laser model 127 from Spectra-Physics. After many troubleshooting calls and hands-on work (switching PMTs for new ones, realignment, change of pinhole for detection, and many other things...) there seems to be a loss of sensitivity in the dimmer populations. This happens in both channels or detectors ( red sensitive PMTs) dedicated for the red laser. Even though we managed to measure the output of the laser (34mW) is there something I can try before calling a laser service guy?
By the way, the laser has been purchased in early 90's and previously installed on a FACStar plus. Is it possible that the laser output or beam geometry is going off slowly?

Any ideas?

Eric Massicotte
Responsable, Service de cytométrie en flux
Institut de Recherches Cliniques de Montréal (IRCM)
110 ave. des Pins Ouest
Montréal, Québec
Canada, H2W 1R7
Téléphone: (514) 987-5724