Day to day variability.

Stewart, Judith Judith_Stewart at URMC.Rochester.edu
Tue Nov 15 18:06:36 EST 2005

Dear Enid,

To get around the variation from day to day, we run Spherotech's Rainbow
beads and generate a linear calibration curve. We apply this to all our
samples.  In addition, we also run our calibrite beads through at the
settings we're using for our sample run and then track both whether the
calibration curve is linear and whether it evens out the calibrite's raw
values. I've attached a file showing typical calibrite readings <<calibrite
starts 7.22.05.xls>> . This seems to work pretty well for us. By the way.
the rainbow beads are a lot steadier than the calibrite. We have a FACscan
by the way. Hope this helps. Judith